Workshop Engineer- Heavy Plant
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 39 hours per week, 8am to 4:30pm (3:30pm finish on a Friday)
Salary: £12.10- £13 p.h. (£24,500- £26,364 p.a.) + company benefits
My client currently has an excellent opportunity for an Engineer to join their Workshop team based in Cardiff.
My client is one of the UK’s leading distributors of a range of construction equipment, plant and vehicles.
As a Workshop Engineer, you will be based at my client’s depot in Cardiff. You will work on a variety of plant and typical responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining, servicing and repairing equipment
- Completing risk assessments and method statements prior to commencing any work
- Completing pre-delivery inspections and modifications
- Disassembling and overhaul of machines, repairing hydraulic and electric systems
- Carrying out post repair test / inspection
- Carrying out diagnosis, disassembly and rebuild of machine components
- Diagnosing the root cause of the reported fault
Experience/ Skills Required
- Previous engineering experience with heavy plant
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Plant Maintenance, or equivalent would be preferred, but not essential
- Some auto-electrical/ electrical experience is preferred
- Full UK Driving Licence
This is a great opportunity to join a leading distributor of construction plant in the UK. My client is a longstanding, highly reputable organisation.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for this vacancy.
Key words: Heavy Plant Engineer, Construction Plant Engineer, Plant Engineer, Construction Plant, Heavy Plant, Agricultural Plant Engineer