Back to all jobs
Welding and Fabrication Assessor
Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Truro, Cornwall
Hours: 37 Hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: £31,500-£33,500 per annum
Benefits: 28 days holiday + Bank holidays & Closure days, Excellent pension scheme and more
We are currently working with a highly reputable college of further and higher education based in Truro, Cornwall.
They are now seeking to add a Welding and Fabrication Assessor to their team to play a vital role by ensuring the successful delivery of apprenticeships. This includes conducting assessments in the workplace, working with employers, and supporting learners with their development.
You do not need to be assessor trained to apply for this role as there is full support and training provided.
- Lead the apprenticeship assessment process in the workplace.
- Coordinate and facilitate interactions with employers.
- Assist learners in their overall development.
- Deliver programs for apprentices and vocational learners.
- Ensure effective execution of educational content.
- Contribute to the enhancement of existing qualification frameworks.
- Explore opportunities for business growth and expansion.
- Background in welding and fabrication.
- Proficient in MIG, TIG, and MMA welding techniques.
- Hold professional qualifications in fabrication and welding, ideally to a level 3 standard or above.
- Preferably possess relevant and recent industrial experience.
- Either possess or demonstrate a willingness to work towards an Assessor qualification.
- Familiarity with awarding bodies, such as EAL and C&G would be desired, but no essential
- Good understanding of modern manufacturing/maintenance technology and processes.
- Ability to motivate, support, and encourage learners at all levels.
- Full clean driving license and access to own transport, as a significant part of the role involves visiting employers and apprentices in the workplace.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a growing organisation whilst supporting the development of the next generation of engineers.
If the above is of interest to you, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Welding and Fabrication, Assessor, Engineering Assessor, Mechanical Engineer, Craft Engineer, Engineering Specialist