Weekend Maintenance Engineer
Employment type: Permanent
Hours: 6am to 2pm, Friday to Sunday
Salary: £25,000 p.a.
My client is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer with a mechanical bias to join their business on a permanent basis, working a weekend shift at one of their sites in Peterborough. The shift is Friday to Sunday, 6am to 2pm.
- Working closely with the production team to ensure machinery downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Investigating and establishing causes of all breakdowns.
- Maintaining and servicing gearboxes, shafts, pneumatics and some hydraulics.
- Carrying out the PPM schedule effectively.
- Identifying means of improving plant productivity.
- Ensuring that any parts, materials and equipment are available.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Previous experience as a maintenance engineer in a production/ manufacturing environment.
- Recognised engineering qualifications.
- Electrical engineering skills would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Must be able to work of your own initiative.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly reputable business with offices across the UK. If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Fitter