Warehouse Operations Manager
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: East London
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 p.a.
Due to continued growth, my client is currently seeking a Warehouse Operations Manager to join their leadership team.
My client is an exciting start-up business, which operates in the technology recycling sector. They have plans for significant growth in the coming years and seek to revolutionise the tech disposal and recycling sector. The successful candidate will play a key role in progression of the business and the development of processes.
The Warehouse Operations Manager will contribute significantly to shaping processes and infrastructure to scale-up operations and create efficiencies. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the day-to-day warehouse operations
- Identifying, recommending and implementing improvements to internal processes which include collections of equipment, inventorying, quality assurance and distribution
- Implementation of a warehouse management software
- Planning workflows
- Design and build of standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Ensuring staff safety
- Working with Head of Operations, Head of Manufacturing and Head of Engineering
Experience/ Skills Required
- Demonstrable experience in warehouse operations, supply chain, logistics, or distribution
- Experience of implementing new processes and improving current processes is essential. Implementation of new technology in previous roles would be beneficial
- Proficient with a range of warehouse, supply chain, logistics, or distribution software/ systems e.g. Knowledge of a warehouse management system would be very beneficial
- Good Excel skills e.g. pivot tables, VLOOKUP etc.
- Must be a self-starter, who is keen to join a business in its infancy and play a key role in the organisation’s development
- Agile approach to work
- My client has a particular interest in candidates with experience of OEM or tier 1 automotive/ aerospace manufacturing operations or the ex-military
- Passionate about sustainability
- Full UK driving licence
My client is offering a great opportunity for a candidate who is confident working autonomously and can bring ideas to their business to help improve processes and move the business forward. The successful candidate will need to be tech savvy and have a flexible approach to work. My client is also offering share options to the successful candidate and hopes to move to bigger premises in the coming year.
If you meet the above criteria and you are seeking a challenge in which you can make a real impact, please apply today to be considered.
Key words: Warehouse Operations Manager, Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations, Technology, Planner, Supply Chain, Warehouse Management System, Warehousing