Trainee Mechanical Technician / Engineer
Employment type: Full time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5hrs Monday-Friday on rotational shift basis – Example below:
- Early shift – Mon to Thu; 06:00 until 15:00, Fri; 06:00 until 11:00
- Day shift – Mon to Thu; 07:00 until 16:00, Fri; 06:30 until 11:30
Salary: £21,000 – £24,000 per annum + 10 shift allowance + Bonus
Due to continued growth, my client is currently recruiting a Trainee Mechanical Technician to work within Production Tooling. This will involve mechanical disassembly, inspection and identification of worn parts. This would suit candidates who has recently completed an NVQ or similar engineering related qualification who possesses a strong interest in mechanical engineering.
Example of Responsibilities:
- Inspecting and testing a variety of pneumatic tools
- Fault diagnosis on a range of power tools
- Carrying out routine maintenance on power tools
Once you develop in the role you can then learn to configures DC Tooling systems with Wi-Fi Communications. You will also learn to service and calibrate DC tooling.
- Previous experience within some type of mechanical engineering, servicing, repair or assembly work would be ideal OR
- Qualification relating to mechanical engineering
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- Self-motivated to succeed and
- A ‘can do’ attitude is
- Effective planning and prioritisation of use of time.
Key words: Trainee Mechanical Engineer, Trainee Technician, Trainee Tooling Technician, Junior Mechanical Engineer