Senior Electrical Design Engineer (Rail)
Salary: £50,000-£55,000 p.a. + Company Car or Car Allowance
Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Location: York or Crewe
Hours: 8am-4pm Monday – Thursday, 8am-2pm Friday
My client is a very well-established company who have a fantastic opportunity for a Design Engineer with a background in rail electrification to join their organisation on a permanent basis. They provide custom made electrical engineering solutions across the country to large blue-chip clients within the Rail sector. You will be expected to assist with A.C & D.C power supply design works in accordance with legislation on time and within budget.
Example of Responsibilities:
- Create scheme designs.
- Preparation of technical specifications.
- Preparation of technical specifications for ordering of project specific material.
- Preparation of Client technical queries, review / acceptance of response.
- Creation and circulation of warning notices.
- Issuing and circulation of design documentation to project team, supplies, sub-contractors, and site.
- Lead / assist in the Design Risk review process.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Experience in Railway 25kV distribution or DNO>=11kV distribution in a design capacity.
- Degree in Electrical/Power Engineering.
- MicroStation CAD (or AutoCAD).
- CEng (or working towards).
- Ideally experience with Power Simulation Software and Earthing Simulation Software
- Rail or HV substation design experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- MS Office Packages (Word/Excel/Outlook).
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career. They have impressive plans for developing the business over the coming years which will give you the scope to progress your career. If you feel you meet the essential skills, then please click apply today and send us a copy of your current CV. Please be aware that all applications are strictly confidential.
Key Words: Senior Project Designer, Project Designer, Rail Designer, Power Simulation Software, Earthing Simulation Software.