Senior Design Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Bedford, Bedfordshire
Hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 + Benefits
Due to continued growth, my client is currently recruiting for a Senior Design Engineer with knowledge of the industrial wastewater sector, to join their business on a permanent basis.
My client is a leading provider of water and wastewater processing technology and mechanical services. They specialize in the creation of projects designed to improve and sustain water supply and wastewater treatment works. Their solutions can range from small-scale refurbishments to comprehensive turnkey operations.
- Supervise a team of multi-disciplinary engineers in the design process of projects.
- Compose technical reports, calculations, design, and construction drawings in accordance to industry standards.
- Perform feasibility, scoping, and design activities within designated time frames and within the designated design budget.
- Generate mechanical design layouts that are cost effective, fulfil the required specifications, and can be effectively procured, installed, and commissioned.
- Ensure designs abide by health, safety, and environmental regulations.
- Execute technical assessments and equipment selection.
- Give technical support to the workshop fabrication and site installation teams. 8. Create estimates and feedback for the Proposals department.
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree, with/working towards Chartered Engineer status.
- Enthusiasm for leading projects and providing mechanical engineering design to clients.
- Familiarity with relevant codes, standards, and regulations.
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities, combined with technical and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational and commercial acumen, with the ability to work independently or with a team.
- Must be a UK resident, with a valid UK driver’s license.
- In-depth knowledge of Municipal and Industrial Wastewater sectors, with Water sector knowledge being advantageous.
- Experience in the structural design of steel vessels and structures is desirable, but not required.
Key words: Senior Design Engineer, Design Engineer, Wastewater, Mechanical Design, Senior Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Water Engineer, Technical Engineer