Research & Development Engineering Manager (Construction & Plant Machinery)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Salary: £60,000-£80,000 p.a. depending on experience
Due to my client’s plans to develop their product range, they are now seeking a Research & Development Engineering Manager to join their organisation in the UK. The successful candidate will be based from Coventry.
My client is an international manufacturer of construction and agricultural plant equipment.
The Research & Development Engineering Manager will establish and lead a team of engineers to develop agricultural and construction machinery products, notably backhoe loaders and telehandlers. Responsibilities include:
- Leading the group of engineers including hiring, coaching, and instructing the team.
- Defining and assigning targets.
- Driving development of new features ad functions for machinery.
- Working in collaboration with other managers of R&D departments of the group overseas.
- Contributing to the definition and implementation of departmental policy and departmental planning, including personnel, budgets, investments, resources, methods, etc.
- Ensuring the availability and adoption of best-known methods, standards, and tooling.
- Managing the resources for the projects, products, and R&D works in coordination with management.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical or Design Engineering.
- Substantial experience in construction and agricultural plant R&D engineering.
- A good understanding of telehandler and/or backhoe loader product development processes, starting from concept to commercialization, including product release and line support.
- The ability to draw upon foundational product development skills such as conceptual design, development of the product, power train integration data analysis & extraction, failure resolution & prevention, and requirements management.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills and mechanical aptitude.
- Flexibility to travel internationally.
This a great opportunity to join a global business, where you will play a key role in the development of a new product line for their organisation. You will receive a competitive salary for the position. If you have worked in research and development and have excellent product knowledge of construction plant, including backhoe loaders and telehandlers, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Research & Development Engineer, Research & Development Manager, Construction Plant, Agricultural Plant, Backhoe Loader, Telehandler, Construction Machinery