R&D Systems Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: circa £55,000 p.a. + company benefits
We are currently working exclusively with a Marine Technology business. Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting for an R&D Systems Engineer to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
- Work with Electronic Engineers, Software Engineers, Mechanical Engineers and the Production team to design, model, integrate, test, and validate electronic components, electro-mechanical assemblies, and subsea systems.
- Perform engineering analysis to establish validity of designs.
- Contribute to the creation of system documentation.
- Select, specify, develop, modify, integrate, and evaluate sensors, actuators, communication devices, cabling and connectors, and electrical components.
- Review mechanical and electrical drawings for compliance with approved requirements.
- Perform mechanical and electrical assembly and testing of prototype hardware.
- Execute lab and offshore testing.
- Electronic testing on hardware for digital and analogue circuitry.
- Investigate and determine causes of product issues during testing and determine appropriate resolutions.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Computer Sciences.
- A deep understanding of engineering principles across disciplines including electrical, mechanical software engineering.
- Experienced with programming languages for scripting such as C++, C#, Java, Python etc.
- Experience in the operation of electronic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and multi-meters.
- Maritime robotic systems/ ocean engineering experience would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Experience of manging system budgets.
This is a great opportunity to work with a unique organisation, developing novel technologies. If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: R&D Systems Engineer, Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Programming, Maritime Robotics, Ocean Engineering