R&D Design and Engineering Team Leader (Electronics Engineering)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Shoeburyness, Essex
Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 1pm, Friday
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 p.a. dependant on experience
We are currently working exclusively with a specialist manufacturer based in Shoeburyness. They are recruiting for an R&D Design and Engineering Team Leader to join their business on a permanent basis. They are seeking a candidate who is experienced in electronics engineering.
Reporting into the Technical Director, the R&D Design and Engineering Team Leader will have the following responsibilities:
- Assisting in the development of designs and specification of products.
- Developing technical plans and schematic drawings.
- Writing software in line with agreed specifications.
- Designing and building PCBs.
- Carrying out comprehensive testing and making modifications when needed.
- Designing and writing information manuals to go with products.
- Leading and managing the R&D team, which includes two Design Engineers.
- Managing costs and budgets.
- Working with the Quality Manager to ensure compliance in line with management systems including ISO9001.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Degree qualified in electronics engineering would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Experience of designing and building PCB, digital circuits and microcontrollers.
- Experience of research and development of electronic equipment.
- Knowledge of Altium, EasyPC, or similar PCD design software is preferred.
- Knowledge of MPLAB, or similar to develop software for microcontrollers is preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of technical plans/ schematic drawings.
- Experience in a leadership role would be beneficial, although not essential.
This is a great opportunity to join a business which has been established for almost three decades. They have an excellent reputation in their field. If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Electronics Engineering, Research & Development Engineering, PCB, Digital Circuits, Microcontrollers, Altium, EasyPC, MPLAB