Back to all jobs
Employment Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, (7.30 am – 4 pm or 8 am – 4.30 pm)
Salary: £40,000 – £45,000 per annum, depending on experience
Benefits: 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays, Health Cash Plan, Gym and Retail Discounts
Our client operating within the utilities sector continues to grow at a rapid rate which has created a new requirement for a Quantity Surveyor. This is an excellent opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on its growth strategy and excellent performance. You will be expected to report directly to the Commercial Manager. It is important the successful person will be responsible for reporting on financial performance and supporting the management team in maintaining commercial awareness during project delivery.
- Creating weekly and monthly cost/value reconciliations
- Playing a vital role in facilitating communication between operations and clients to reach agreements on client variations and scope changes. Providing reasoning for variations and obtaining timely agreement from clients.
- Collaborating with different departments, including design and operations, to report and oversee the commercial performance of projects in your region.
- Attending monthly operational meetings to discuss the regional performance of projects, taking responsibility for performance analysis and ensuring appropriate actions are taken to address any underperformance.
- Generating client valuations and demonstrating the ability to manage client relationships and resolve disputes.
- Managing client debt while establishing strong client relationships.
- Preparing final accounts for both clients and subcontractors.
- Experience working as a Quantity Surveyor in the Utilities industry.
- Knowledge of managing cost value reconciliations.
- Establish internal and external relation.
- Proficient in the use of Excel spreadsheets and document management software.
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Understanding commercial contract terms.
- Ability to lead team meetings.
Keywords: Quantity Surveyor, Cost Consultants, Cost Manager, Junior Quantity Surveyor