Plumber/ Water Efficiency Technician
• Employment type: 12 month FTC with the view to go permanent
• Location: Sunderland
• Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
• Salary: £25,000
Due to continued growth and success, my client is now seeking a Water Efficiency Technician to join their business. You will be responsible for installing a variety of water efficiency products in properties across the UK as part of several water saving contracts. The successful candidate will report directly to our Water Efficiency Project Manager
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure install targets are met and installations are completed to an exceptionally high standard.
- Install a variety of water efficiency devices in both a domestic and commercial setting, including but not limited to; tap aerators, shower regulators, showerheads, ‘save a flush’ bags, dual flush conversion kits, flow regulators installed at the cold-water inlet to properties or in pipework underneath the sink. (Training will be provided).
- Give customers tailored water efficiency advice.
- Take water meter readings and flow rate measurements.
- Manage own diary and ensure appointments are met.
- Work closely with the operations team to ensure stock levels for each project are kept at a reasonable level. Products in a range of different applications and manage this stock accordingly.
- Ensure all projects are GDPR compliant.
- Undertake any other tasks which the Project Coordinator requires support with.
- Be aware of the environmental aspects and impacts relevant to the work of the job holder as well as ensuring compliance with any environmental legislation that is applicable to the job.
- Experience and background in plumbing
- Stock control experience.
- A can-do attitude, able to demonstrate good customer service skills and be confident in a customer facing role.
- Willing to work away from home for up to 5 days per week.
- Expected to canvas in pre-determined areas in order to reach install targets and generate work.
- Canvasing is NOT cold calling – the occupants of the properties will be aware that you are available to install water saving devices in their homes, free of charge to them. The purpose of the canvassing is to encourage the uptake of this water saving opportunity. The occupant may have technical questions, hence the need for a qualified plumber in this role.
You will join a growing business, who continue to go from strength-to-strength. With my client’s upward trajectory, there will also be opportunities to develop your skills and further your career. You will receive a competitive salary and company benefits. If you meet the above criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply today for consideration.