PLC Control Systems Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 p.a. depending on experience
Hours: Monday – Friday, 37.5 hours per week – Office based role
We are thrilled to be representing a cutting-edge engineering technology company at the forefront of the green energy industry. This innovative company specializes in designing and manufacturing state-of-the-art Heat Pumps and semiconductor Systems. As they enter a phase of rapid expansion, we are excited to offer a unique opportunity to join their dynamic team.
With a strong commitment to sustainable solutions, this company is playing a vital role in revolutionising the way we utilise energy. Their advanced technology and groundbreaking engineering are paving the way for a greener and more efficient future.
We are seeking an experienced PLC Control Systems Engineer. The PLC control Systems Engineer will be responsible for designing, programming, testing, and maintaining control systems using programmable logic controllers (PLCs).
Example of responsibilities:
- Developing control system architectures: Design the overall structure of the control system, taking into account the specific requirements of the manufacturing process.
- Prepare comprehensive documentation for control systems, including system diagrams, Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), and Site Acceptance Testing (SAT).
- Ensure that designs meet all relevant regulatory requirements for different global regions.
- Develop new control systems for existing equipment.
- Configure and program multiple PLC, HMI, SCADA, and IIoT systems.
- Provide support during installation and commissioning processes.
- Assist in estimating project costs and developing project timelines.
- Participate in all stages of the project lifecycle, including capturing customer requirements.
- Contribute to the design of assemblies and ensure compliance with design and safety codes.
- Report to and take instructions from the engineering manager.
- Adhere to all company policies and statutory Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform test and inspections on control equipment.
- Create and maintain Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Degree in related subject and/or relevant experience in a similar role
- Proficiency in all aspects of the control system project lifecycle
- Involved in the design of control system wiring and electrical power distribution
- Thorough understanding of PLC & HMI software development
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Siemens & Omron bases systems is preferred
- Experience integrating VSDs, Motor Controller, Sensors & Vision systems
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK as no sponsorship is available for this role.
Key words: Control Systems Engineer, PLC Systems Engineer, Automation Engineer, Industrial Controls Engineer, Process Control Engineer, Instrumentation and Controls Engineer, Manufacturing Systems Engineer, Robotics Engineer, Control Systems Integration Engineer, Electrical and Controls Engineer, Control Systems Design Engineer, SCADA Engineer