Parts Advisor Kidlington
- Competitive salary and benefits. Benefits include – Private medical insurance, on-site parking, life insurance and a wellness programme.
- Employment type: Permanent, full-time
- Location: Kidlington
- Hours: 7:30am 5pm Monday to Friday.
- Overtime:1 in 4 Saturday mornings (7:30am 12pm)
My client is a very well-established company who have a fantastic opportunity for a Parts Advisor with a background in parts processes to join their organisation on a permanent basis. They sell machinery and provide the highest level of support to help businesses operate efficiently and effectively. You will be expected to manage their back counter and to help in all sectors of the parts department.
Example of Responsibilities
- Build strong relationships with Engineers.
- Take parts orders and make associated sales to internal and external customers.
- Ask all necessary questions to ensure Engineer/customer obtains the correct parts.
- Transfer stock deliveries to bin location on arrival to maintain correct off the shelf availability.
- Empty the VOR box daily and distribute Parts accordingly.
- Locate non-stock items into bins and add the new location on computer system.
- Attend service counter area and take orders/enquiries from Service Engineers.
- Ensure parts for service jobs are picked and ready for the Engineer.
- Process job cards that have been returned by the Engineer and ensure that the correct parts are left on the job cards and return parts to stock that are not required.
- Ensure company credit control procedures are always maintained.
- Parts department, including font counter and foyer to be always kept clean and tidy.
- Operate forklift in a safe and responsible manner.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Parts background is essential. Automotive, truck, car or dealership experience is required.
- Clean driving licence and good driving record.
- Forklift truck driving licence is desirable (training will be provided).
- Availability to work 1 in 4 Saturday mornings as overtime.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a large organisation. They have impressive plans for developing the business over the coming years which will give you the scope to progress your career. If you feel you meet the essential skills, then please click apply today and send us a copy of your current CV. Please be aware that all applications are strictly confidential.