Mechanical Maintenance Engineer
Employment type: Permanent full-time
Location: Birmingham, Swan Village
Hours: Monday-Friday, 42 hours per week.
You will be required to work one Saturday or Sunday every two weeks. However, in exchange, you will be given a day off during the week to compensate for your day worked over the weekend.
Salary: £30,000-£34,000 per annum depending on experience
On behalf of our client we are seeking a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to join their clients maintenance department. As part of our small team, you will play a key role in providing a full range of maintenance services to their manufacturing facilities. Ideally you will have worked within a manufacturing environment.
Our client manufactures products for the Construction/Building industry.
Example of Responsibilities:
- Assess, diagnose, and repair equipment to maintain production build plan.
- Complete annual Planned Maintenance plan.
- Supervise contractors for occasional work.
- Maintain accurate records of equipment maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance routines for every production section.
- Refurbish equipment as needed.
- Use downtime periods to overhaul equipment.
- Assist in process redesign as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and refurbishment to keep machinery fit for purpose.
- Relocate and install equipment as required.
- Identify and propose solutions for machinery not fit for purpose.
- Ensure all work is done safely and with proper authorisation.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Engineering related qualification would be preferred such as HNC, NVQ or equivalent.
- Time served
- Excellent communication skills
- Good mechanical knowledge
Nolan Recruitment are the employment agency however if successful you will work directly for the client on a permanent basis.
Key Words: Mechanical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer