Back to all jobs
Mechanical Fitter (Field Based)
Employment type: Permanent
Hours/Duration: 39 hours per week, Monday-Friday – (Mon-Thurs 07:30-16:00 & Fri 07:30-15:00)
Location: Old Trafford, Manchester
Salary: £30,420-£34,476 per annum (£15-17.00 per hour) depending on experience + Van, 22 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays)
Position / Company
Our client is a leading provider of tailored mechanical engineering solutions for the water industry. With a specialisation in repairing and refurbishing industrial gearboxes and mechanical plant and process equipment, they are known for their expertise and high-quality results.
As a Mechanical Fitter / Engineer, you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of mechanical equipment. From tank drive systems and hydraulics to filters, gearboxes, pumps, conveyors, and augers, you will be involved in all aspects of the repair and maintenance process.
Example of Responsibilities:
- Proficient in handling and operating a variety of mechanical tools, with a strong understanding of mechanical assemblies.
- Expertise in diagnosing faults and issues on customer sites and devising effective repair strategies for emergency response situations.
- Demonstrates excellent organisational skills and possesses exceptional communication and liaison abilities.
- Experienced in adhering to pre-approved RAMS (Risk Assessment and Method Statements) during new equipment installation.
- Skilled in safely removing equipment from customer sites and transporting it to Head Office workshops for overhaul.
- Demonstrate competence in working within confined spaces and at heights whenever required for the job.
- Proven ability to diagnose faults and problems on customer sites, and offer quick repair solutions for emergency situations.
- Assists in identifying faults, servicing, and repairing a wide range of plant and machinery, with a primary focus on clean water and wastewater processing plant equipment.
- As a mobile representative of the company, strictly adhere to all company policies, customer requirements, and health and safety regulations.
- Mechanical engineering background
- Experience with mechanical gearboxes and pumps would be preferred however not essential
- Excellent communication skills
- UK Driving licence
Nolan Recruitment are acting as a recruitment agency. If you are successful, you will work directly for the end hirer (Client).
Keywords: Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician