Back to all jobs
Mechanical Estimator (Fabrication)
Employment type: Permanent
Hours/Duration: 37.5 Monday-Friday – (Mon-Thurs 08:00-16:30 & Fri 08:00-13:30)
Location: Brownhills, (near Walsall)
Salary: £35,000-£45,000 per annum depending on experience + 26 days holiday (+ Bank Holidays) Position / Company
We have an excellent opportunity for a candidate to develop their career with a renowned mechanical engineering company in the West Midlands. They specialise in high-quality fabrication, welding, tube manipulation, and machining. With extensive experience in the industry, our client has established itself as a leader in manufacturing for various sectors, including petrochemical, oil and gas, process plant, environmental, power generation, and nuclear industries.
We are seeking an experienced Estimator/Contracts Manager to join the team on a permanent basis. As an Estimator/Contracts Manager, you will be responsible for receiving and processing project enquiries, breaking them down into materials, labour, consumables, and tooling requirements, formulating quotations, and estimating man hours. You will also be responsible for reviewing project budgets and expenditure, creating work packages, and ensuring the project is being controlled by liaising with various departments. Additionally, you will provide technical assistance and clarification on contracts and respond to audits.
Example of Responsibilities:
- Receive and analyse project inquiries, determining the necessary materials, labour, consumables, and tooling required for the project.
- Communicate with other departments to gather additional information needed for accurate quotations.
- Generate reports and maintain records of contracts.
- Review project budgets and monitor expenditures throughout the project.
- Develop work packages and distribute project information to relevant departments within the company.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Ideally, you will have experience of creating Bills of materials (BOMs)
- Basic CAD skills would be advantageous.
- Strong communication skills
- Competent with computer packages, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Nolan Recruitment are acting as a recruitment agency. If you are successful, you will work directly for the end hirer (Client)
Keywords: Estimator, Contracts Manager, Estimating, Contracts Coordinator, Procurement, Works Manager, Project Manager