Back to all jobs
Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Field based – Crawley
Hours: 40 hours per week + Overtime available at enhanced rate
Salary: £35,000 – £40,000 per annum (Over 50K OTE achievable) + Van + Fuel Card + Company Benefits. Extensive overtime available if an Engineer desires.
We are currently working with a highly reputable manufacturer of Compactors and Balers for the Recycling sector. Renowned for looking after their staff, this is an opportunity to work for a company with an excellent reputation in their field.
Due to continued growth, they are now seeking to add Mechanical Field Service Engineers to their team on a permanent basis. You will work on a mobile basis visiting various client sites to conduct servicing and installation work. You will need mechanical experience and knowledge of hydraulics as well as the ability to read electrical wiring diagrams. If you have experience working with Steel and the ability to TIG weld then this would be an advantage however not essential.
Example of Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer:
- Ability to communicate to customers on site in a friendly manner.
- Competent in using smartphones and tablets to be able to use apps and communicate with colleagues
- Adhere to health and safety framework at all times
- Perform regular maintenance and repairs on equipment while collaborating with the customer to maximize production.
- Visit customer sites alongside service personnel to conduct essential equipment servicing, maintenance, and repairs.
- Exhibit time management skills and the ability to meet customer-driven deadlines.
- Work as part of a flexible, dedicated, self-motivated maintenance and servicing team.
- Working away from home & occasional weekend work may be required
- Expertise in mechanical maintenance is essential
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of mechanical principles
- Possess practical troubleshooting skills and a solid understanding of preventive maintenance
- Hold an engineering based qualification
- Welding experience would be preferred however not essential
- Full UK Driving Licence
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to develop your career with a growing organisation. They have impressive plans for developing the business over the coming years which will give you the scope to progress your career.
Key words: Field Service Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Service Technician, Waste, Recycling