Mechanical Design Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £45,000- £60,000 p.a. + company benefits
We are currently working exclusively with a Marine Technology business, who are developing innovative technologies. Due to continued growth, they are now recruiting for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their organisation on a permanent basis.
- Developing detailed subsystems and parts to meet required specified performance criteria.
- Evaluating design concepts through computational analysis and physical model testing.
- Producing design submittal documentation and associated reports when required.
- Producing detailed design drawings & specifications.
- Producing verified design for prototyping and manufacture
Experience/ Skills Required
- Substantial experience as a Mechanical Design Engineer.
- Educated to degree level in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering or Naval Architecture
- Experience of PTC Creo, or similar 3D design software is essential.
- Experience designing underwater vehicles, would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Linear/ non-linear structural analysis experience with FEA software.
This is a great opportunity to work with a unique organisation, developing novel technologies. If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Engineer, PTC Creo, Windchill, 3D CAD, Subsea Mechanical Design, Hydraulic Design