Mechanical Design Consultant
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 8.30am to 5.15pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8.30am to 3.15pm (Friday)
Salary: £45,000-£55,000 p.a. dependent on experience + 25 days holiday + Bank Holidays
The Role & Company
Due to continued growth, we are working exclusively with a client who is recruiting for a degree qualified Mechanical Design Engineer / Consultant. You will need experience in producing design verification calculations and analysis for pressure vessels, heat exchangers or storage tanks to various codes. These include PD5500, ASME VIII Div.1, EN 13445, EN 14015 and API 650.
You will work for a small close-knit team where your input can make a real difference. Hybrid working is a possibility once you have worked in the role for 3-6 months. They do also offer an element of flexi-time.
Example of Responsibilities
The Mechanical Design Consultant / Engineer
- Engineering Design of Pressure Vessels, Storage tanks, Heat Exchangers, and other associated equipment
- Preparation and checking of verification calculations, following relevant Design by Rule and Design by Analysis methodologies.
- Preparation and checking of verification calculations, following relevant Design by Rule and Design by Analysis methodologies
- Take ownership of design jobs from initial point of contact through to delivery of work package, liaising with the client at all stages as necessary
- Relevant engineering related degree
- Working towards Chartered Engineer
- Good working knowledge of vessel design codes and associated international directives/standards
- Proven experience in Design by Analysis (FEA) – ANSYS would be preferable
- Excellent communication skills
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Mechanical Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Consultant, Mechanical Design Consultant