Maintenance Engineer (Electrical bias)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Stillington, Stockton-on-Tees
Hours: Day shift
Salary: Up to £38,800 p.a. + company benefits
My client is currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer with an electrical bias to join their business on a permanent basis at one of their key specialist facilities in Stillington, Stockton-on-Tees. My client provides specialist engineering services to a range of high profile, global businesses.
The Maintenance Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Carrying out all repairs to equipment on site.
- Controlling and carrying out planned and preventive maintenance tasks, and all statutory requirements on time and recorded accurately.
- Ensuring all site engineering activity complies with health and safety procedures.
- Logging all non-conformances, faults & errors onto the Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Controlling Engineering Budget for site.
- Management of all contractors ensuring adherence to specific health and safety procedures and permit systems.
- Managing any projects on your site as directed by the UK Engineering Manager.
- Management of critical spares ensuring spare equipment is maintained in good order & repaired promptly.
Skills/ Experience Required
- A recognised electrical engineering qualification i.e. NVQ, City & Guilds.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Proficient with fault finding on PLCs.
- Proficient with mechanical repairs and fault finding.
- CMMS knowledge would be beneficial.
- Engineering budget management experience would be beneficial.
- Health and safety awareness.
- Computer literate.
- Ability to work of your initiative.
- Flexible approach to work to react to breakdowns and supervise contractors.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly reputable organisation, who are one of the leading businesses in their field. You will receive a competitive salary and company benefits for the position.
If you are an experienced electrically biased Maintenance Engineer, seeking your next opportunity, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Multi-skilled engineer, Maintenance Technician, PLCs