M&E Engineer (Heating Systems)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £50,000-£60,000 p.a. + company benefits
Due to continued growth and further contract wins, my client is currently recruiting for an M&E Engineer to join their business on permanent basis.
My client is an engineering consultancy business, utilising renewable technologies to help their clients achieve carbon reductions.
Working on large scale projects from concept through to completion, the M&E Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Conducting designs, calculations and reports for tender responses, project work and construction as-built documents.
- Collating technical and commercial information from manufacturers and suppliers.
- Conducting site surveys and report findings to clients.
- Undertake site and technology assessments.
- Energy analysis and modelling.
- Project management responsibilities.
- Communication with clients and suppliers throughout project lifecycle.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Educated to degree level in Building Services, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) with Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) is preferred, although not essential.
- Substantial experience of domestic or commercial heating systems. Experience of district heating or communal heating projects would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Experience of renewable/ low carbon technologies such as ground source heat pumps and air source heat pumps would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Revit would beneficial.
- Experience of energy/ engineering analysis or modelling.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business, with an excellent reputation in their field. As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will work on a range of projects, and will join a supportive Engineering team.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: M&E Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Electrical Design Engineer, Heating Systems, Plant Rooms, District Heating, Communal Heating, Retrofit Heating, Ground Source Heat Pumps, GSHP, Air Source Heat Pumps, ASHP, Low Carbon Technology, Combined Heat and Power, CHP