Back to all jobs
Lead M&E Design Engineer (Energy)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: London (Hybrid)
Salary: £60,000 circa p.a. + company benefits
Due to continued growth and further contract wins, my client is currently recruiting for an M&E Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis.
My client is an engineering consultancy business, utilising renewable technologies to help their clients achieve carbon reductions through efficient district heating systems.
Working on large-scale projects from concept through to completion, the M&E Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
- Conducting designs, calculations and reports for tender responses, project work and construction as-built documents.
- Collating technical and commercial information from manufacturers and suppliers.
- Conducting site surveys and report findings to clients.
- Undertake site and technology assessments.
- Energy analysis and modelling.
- Project management responsibilities.
- Communication with clients and suppliers throughout project lifecycle.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Educated to degree level in Building Services, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer (CEng) with Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) or Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) is preferred, although not essential.
- Substantial experience of domestic or commercial heating systems. Experience of district heating or communal heating projects would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Experience of renewable/ low carbon technologies such as ground source heat pumps and air source heat pumps would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Revit would beneficial.
- Experience of energy/ engineering analysis or modelling.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing business, with an excellent reputation in their field. As well as receiving a competitive salary, you will work on a range of projects, and will join a supportive Engineering team.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Keywords: Lead Engineer, M&E Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Heating Systems, District Heating, Communal Heating, Retrofit Heating, Ground Source Heat Pumps, GSHP, Air Source Heat Pumps, ASHP, Low Carbon Technology