Employment type: Permanent, full time
Location: Burntwood (this role will cover the North West and Midlands regions of the UK)
Hours: 40 hours per week, either 7:30am to 4pm or 8am to 4:30pm (Monday to Friday)
Salary: £30,000-£35,000 p.a. + car or car allowance + company benefits
Due to continued growth, my client is seeking a HSQE Advisor to cover the North West and Midlands regions of the UK. This role will be 75% of the time working on site and 25% working from home or my client’s office.
My client is a leading utilities connection provider with an excellent reputation in their field.
Reporting into the Health and Safety Manager, you will work on a mobile basis overseeing health, safety, quality and environmental compliance on sites and company depots across the North West and the Midlands. Responsibilities will include:
- Providing competent advice and guidance on Health and Safety issues.
- Performing HSQE site inspections and provide audit findings in a timely manner.
- Assisting in the investigation of incidents/ accidents as required and providing advice on the root cause of incidents.
- Promoting, producing and assessing HSQE procedures.
- Advising staff on risk assessments and risk management.
- Formulating and suggesting work safety standards.
- Enforcing company policies and procedures.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Previous HSQE experience within the Utilities industry is desirable. My client would also consider candidates with experience in construction/ civils/ groundworks/ traffic management/ street works/ highways.
- Auditing experience.
- NEBOSH certificate, or equivalent. My client will consider applications from candidates working towards the NEBOSH certificate.
- A full UK Driving Licence.
- My client may consider candidates who work within the Utilities industry now, with some knowledge of Health and Safety, and would be keen to develop their career into this area of the business.
My client appreciates the importance of Health and Safety across their business and invests thousands of pounds in training site staff. You would be joining a company with an excellent Health and Safety culture and you would be able to make a real difference day-to-day.
If you feel you meet the criteria, please apply today to be considered.
Key words: HSQE, Health and Safety Advisor, HSQE Advisor, HSQE Auditor, HSE Advisor, QHSE Advisor, QSHE Advisor, NEBOSH, Utilities, Construction, Groundworks, Civils, Street Works