Back to all jobs
Heating & Ventilation Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: Week 1: 6am to 2:30pm, Monday to Friday; and Week 2: 2pm to 10:30pm- 40 hours per week.
Salary: Up to £42,000 per annum.
On Call: 1 Week in 5.
My client is currently recruiting for a Heating & Ventilation Engineer to join their organisation on a permanent basis at their site in Luton.
- Undertake planned or reactive maintenance work on engineering assets, including work on plant rooms, air handling units (AHUs), heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems (HVAC), piping, pumps, motors, belt systems, combustion equipment and filters.
- Work closely with Senior Mechanical Engineers performing remedial engineering tasks.
- Identify upgrade or improvement opportunities associated with mechanical systems.
- Undertake in-depth fault finding on mechanical systems.
- Undertake servicing, fault finding and repairs to combustion equipment.
- Provide a one in five week on call cover supporting both mechanical and plumbing activities.
- Undertake first line response to plumbing issues in the absence of the plumbing team.
- Use maintenance system data to understand asset performance.
- Ensure appropriate engineering and operating records are updated to meet business, regulatory & manufacturer requirements.
- Adhere to health and safety procedures at all times.
- Prepare materials list and request quotations from suppliers to support ordering of goods and materials associated with maintenance works and management of onsite spares.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- A recognised engineering qualification in heating, ventilation, or mechanical engineering. Formal training/ apprenticeship background is desirable.
- Competent in mechanical fault finding.
- Experience of commercial/ domestic gas systems would be beneficial.
- Electrical engineering abilities and knowledge of BMS would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
This is a great opportunity to join a supportive Maintenance team within a highly reputable business. You will receive a competitive salary, as well as excellent company benefits including: 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), enhanced pension, life assurance and an on-site gym.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Heating and Ventilation Engineer, Heating Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Technician, Combustion Engineer, Facilities Management, Building Maintenance.