Head of Innovation (Engineering)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Branscombe, Devon
Salary: Circa £60,000- £70,000 p.a. dependent on experience + company benefits
Relocation Package: Client are open to offering a relocation package for the successful candidate
We are working exclusively with our client in their search for a Head of Innovation to join their Engineering team on a permanent basis. They are a market leading manufacturing business with an extensive tool room with mould and press tools, jogs and fixtures used within the manufacturing process.
The Head of Innovation will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team. You will be responsible for new product development and innovation to ensure the business stays at the forefront of their industry. You will work closely with the Product Design department as well as the Engineering Team.
They are located in the beautiful part of the UK so this may suit someone who is looking to relocate to a life close to the beach and countryside in Devon.
Example of Responsibilities
- Lead and manage the Engineering team, including the Product Design department and Toolroom.
- Oversee the conception, design, development, and manufacture of new and existing products.
- Ensure effective team leadership and collaboration within the engineering team.
- Set and achieve objectives and targets for the engineering team, aligned with overall business priorities.
- Implement and improve engineering processes to optimize efficiency and quality.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, such as Sales and Marketing, to understand customer needs and translate them into engineering requirements.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technological advancements to drive innovation in product design and manufacturing.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement cost reduction and value engineering opportunities.
- Champion a culture of continuous improvement and learning within the engineering team.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the team, ensuring high standards of engineering and manufacturing quality.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential
- Effective leader with the ability to create a clear vision and translate strategy into action.
- Able to multitask, balancing hands-on work in the Tool Room with strategic thinking.
- Adaptable and willing to embrace change and prioritize effectively.
- Optimistic and able to take decisive action to achieve goals.
- Cultivates a team culture aligned with company values.
- Strong track record in team leadership and performance management.
- Skilled in managing internal dynamics and fostering collaboration across the organization.
- Has a growth mindset and thrives in project-oriented environments.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organisation with a clear mission to grow and develop by providing innovative solutions to their clients.
Key words: Head of Innovation, Innovation Manager, Engineering Innovation, Injection Moulding, Tooling, Tool Room, Manufacturing