Gas Network Design Engineer- Wakefield Wakefield
Gas Network Design Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full time
Hours: 7:30am to 4pm, or 8am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday (40 hours per week)
Salary: 35,000-40,000 p.a. dependent on experience + company benefits
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established, award winning Multi Utility Contractor in Bolton. The company is growing at a rapid pace which is due to their excellent reputation.
You will be expected to undertake detailed designs. You will offer full design support to clients, tendering and construction teams. Ideally you will have strong gas design awareness within the utility industry.
Example of Responsibilities
- Undertaking outline designs for tendering purposes.
- Detailed designs and submissions for LP, MP and IP distribution networks for domestic, commercial and industrial developments.
- Liaise with Gas Transporters regarding outstanding design approvals.
- Assist in submission of Completion Packs to adopting Gas Transporters.
- Liaise with clients to ensure resolution of design queries.
- Keeping updated records to keep track of scheme progress
- Provide technical support for business departments.
- Review external design elements.
- Suitable engineering qualification (Degree/HND or equivalent)
- Preferably City & Guilds 5831 Gas Network Design Qualification or minimum 3 years experience.
- Experience in designing/ planning LP, MP and IP gas utility infrastructure including governors.
- Knowledge of technical specifications of equipment including governors, pipe and fittings.
- Knowledge of GT/ IGT network construction including knowledge of IGE documents.
- Understanding of the current GIRS requirements
- Understanding of CDM Regulations and N.R.S.W.A
- Understanding of ISO09001, ISO14001 & ISO018001
- SNAP and Gasworks literate.
- A team player with the ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you feel you meet the essential skills, then please click apply today and send us a copy of your current CV. Nolan Recruitment endeavour to respond to all applicants via email or phone to inform you on the outcome of your application. Rest assured you will be fully supported throughout the process.
Key words: Gas Design, Gas Network Design, Gas Designer, Multi Utility, Gas Design Engineer, Gas Network Design Engineer