Fire & Security Engineer
- Employment type: Permanent, full-time.
- Location: Aberdeen.
- Hours: 8am to 5pm (Monday to Thursday) and 8am to 2pm (Friday).
- Salary: £35,000 p.a. + company vehicle + fuel card. 1 in 4 call out. Overtime paid at x1.5 after 5pm.
- Relocation package: Accommodation available for people moving from other areas of the country.
Due to continued growth and success, my client is now seeking an experienced Fire & Security Engineer to join their business. The work is predominantly maintenance and servicing in the first instance on commercial properties (e.g., shops, offices etc) however there will be installation work eventually. You will be part of a team surveying sites and designing new specifications, carrying out remedial works according to work schedules.
- Great communicator with customer service skills
- Knowledge and experience of working with Fire, Security, and Intruder Alarms in conjunction with Door Access Control
- Knowledge and experience of working with CCTV Systems (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of working with Emergency Lighting (Essential)
- Knowledge and experience of Refuge & Disabled Alarm Systems (Essential)
- Good problem solving/analytical skills and ability
- A willingness to participate in a standby/call-out rota which involves working evenings and weekends (Essential)
- Time management and planning skills
- Knowledge and experience of surveying sites for fire and security requirements (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of creating and reviewing design specifications (Desirable)
- Competent in reading and writing of the English language
- Knowledge of various fire detection systems and software (Desirable)
- Knowledge and experience of BS5839:1-2013 Fire Detection and Fire Alarms Code of Practice
- Knowledge and experience of BS4737-4 Intruder Alarm Systems in buildings
- Electrical qualification (Essential)
- A GENT licence (Desirable)
- A full, UK Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge and experience of BS7671:2008+A3:2015 IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition (Desirable)
You will join a growing business, who continue to go from strength-to-strength. With my client’s upward trajectory, there will also be opportunities to develop your skills and further your career. You will receive a competitive salary and company benefits. If you meet the above criteria, we strongly encourage you to apply today for consideration.