Field Service Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £18.50ph (1.5 after 8hrs, 2x after 12hours – OTE 60-65K)
Benefits: Mercedes Sprinter kitted with Power Tools, Door to Door pay, Voluntary Overtime, Pension Scheme (5% Employee, 3% Employer)
My client is currently recruiting for a Field Service Engineer to join their organisation on a permanent basis. This is a mobile role covering the Midlands. On rare occasions, travel to other sites throughout the UK may be required.
With 50 years of experience, our client is a complete mineral, aggregates and earthmoving contractor. They provide a sustainable, innovative, practical and safe solutions to resource extraction.
Joining my client’s current Service team, you will be responsible for repair and maintenance of a variety of heavy construction plant, including Bulldozers, Dump trucks, Excavators, Graders, Loading shovels etc. You’ll have proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrical systems.
Example of Responsibilities:
- To carry out inspection and local preparation, including: the fitting of buckets, reverse cameras, reversing radars etc
- To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management where additional work may be required
- Using technical knowledge to identify mechanical problems
- To undertake the maintenance, diagnosis, and repair of various brands such as Caterpillar, Komatsu and Volvo within a geographical area (hydraulic excavators, articulated haulers, wheeled loaders etc)
- To ensure company tool defects are reported, use is in line with current test periods and in line with instructions/training
- To assist and coach colleagues with technical support where necessary
- Accurate completion of systems/paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports).
- Complete daily timesheets providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken
- Order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion
- Complete a dynamic risk assessment and method statement prior to commencing any work.
- Previous experience in a similar role is essential
- Formal engineering qualifications preferred e.g. NVQ in Plant Maintenance
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent communication skills
If you are an experienced Engineer, seeking an opportunity to diverse your skills and gain experience with different equipment, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Service Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Industrial Engineer, Quarry Engineer, Plant Engineer , Canvas Systems, Earthworks, Caterpillar, Technician