Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Midlands or Gloucestershire (Remote) Travel required but home based
Hours: 8 Hour days, Monday-Friday
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + Company Van + Optional health cash plan
My client has an exciting opportunity for an environmental consultant to become an integral part of a team of specialists. The role will require you to be involved in the management and execution of project work focusing on contaminated land (mainly Oil Spills) investigations and subsequent remediation strategies.
My client is one of the most experienced and dynamic companies giving service to both commercial and domestic customers with their environmental needs.
- Overseeing remedial projects, such as oil spill response, commercial remediation, and invasive plant species management
- Collaborating with project stakeholders, including sub-contractors, suppliers, regulatory authorities, insurance companies, local authorities, and clients
- Supervising remedial works and site investigations, which includes managing groundworkers and drilling crews.
- Creating professional reports, including phase reports and validation reports
- Gathering environmental samples from project sites
- Using scientific equipment on site
- Formulating proposals and tenders to increase regional sales.
- Developing health and safety plans, such as risk assessments, method statements, and construction phase plans
- Approving reports and proposals created by Project Managers
- Experience investigating commercial oil spills.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and enthusiasm for finding solutions.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication abilities for dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work both onsite and remotely.
- High degree of self-motivation and aptitude for working both independently and collaboratively
- Proficiency in IT
- Valid full UK driving license.
- Willingness to travel to project sites nationwide.
- CSCS Card (Desirable)
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation which makes a positive impact on the environment and provides niche engineering services. As my client’s business grows, there will be scope for personal and professional development with the organisation. If you are an experienced environmental consultant, please apply today to be considered.
Key Words – Environmental Consultant, Consultant, Waste treatment, Water, Compliance, Sustainability, Quality, Risk Management, Climate change, Oil Spill Consultant