Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £150,000-£200,000 p.a. dependent on experience + company benefits
We are currently working exclusively with a client who are harnessing science and technology to make a real difference in the fight against climate change. They are developing unique carbon capture facilities.
Our client is currently recruiting for an Engineering Manager to join their business on a permanent basis. The Engineering Manager will play a key role in managing and coordinating the Engineering team, as well as building their design engineering function. They will also see projects through to build and commissioning. The successful candidate will report to the CEO and will be part of the senior leadership team.
- Lead the engineering design of a unique system.
- Deliver a design through build and commissioning into operations.
- Lead the resolution of design and systems integration issues.
- Build and lead a team of engineers, designers and analysts.
- Appoint and manage external engineering consultants.
- Budgeting, reporting and other standard departmental administration.
- Develop innovative solutions to minimize overall system capex.
- Oversee prototype trials of sub-system designs and construction methodology.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Educated to degree level in engineering.
- Ideally you will hold an MBA.
- Highly experienced in design and project engineering.
- Substantial experience of engineering management.
- Experience of leading the design and implementation of one of the following types of projects: major infrastructure, water engineering, large scale utilities, civil engineering, major processing facilities, oil and gas and large manufacturing facilities.
- Knowledge of digitally driven design engineering processes is highly desirable (e.g. digital twin, simulation, BIM etc)
- Knowledge of systems automation.
- Previous experience of novel technologies.
- Dynamic personality.
- Applicants must be open to occasional international travel when required (typically once a quarter).
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an organisation with a clear mission to utilise innovative technologies to provide solutions to climate change problems. If you are experienced in design and project engineering on major infrastructure projects, please apply today to be considered for this role.
Key words: Lead Engineer, Chief Engineer, Design Engineering, Project Engineering, Infrastructure Projects, Utilities, Water, Civil Engineering, Major Processing, Carbon Capture, Digital Engineering, Digital Design Processes