Job Title: Electrical Maintenance Engineer (Building Services)
- Continental shift: 4 days on 6 days off, 4 nights on 4 days off, 3 days and 3 nights on 4 off
- Job Type: Permanent
- Start Date: ASAP
- Static position.
- Salary: £42,000 (£39,000 basic salary plus £3,000 shift allowance)
- Location: Reading
Would you like the opportunity to climb up the career ladder?
My client is a large business providing facilities, property and asset management for some of the biggest public and private sector businesses. They have a reputation for being the best in their business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful team, carrying out electrical maintenance for a prestigious client. You will be rewarded in the role with overtime, career progression and a generous salary. Training for HV qualification will be provided as well.
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance within agreed timescale.
- Maintain up to date log of work completed and outstanding items through the contract.
- Log and action all out of line situations with incident reports to include remedial action taken.
- Provide site project support as required.
- To ensure effective communication with the management team is maintained at all times.
- To participate in the critical services training programme.
- Carry out training on various site facility management systems – BMS, CMMS, Door entry systems, Water management.
- Carry out isolations and re-instatement’s of electrical LV & HV, Fire Alarms, pneumatic and water systems when required and where authorised
Experience/ Qualifications required:
- Knowledge of LV switching, generators and UPS is essential.
- 17th/ 18th Edition
- C&G 2391 or equivalent (ideal but not essential)
- NVQ level 3
- L8 (ideal but not essential)
- Shutdowns, schedules and switchgear experience.
- Re-set and re-starts
- First point of contact for maintenance issues and the ability to pass this work on to the correct specialist engineer as and when required.
- Professionalism with the client