Back to all jobs
Electrical Engineering (Lecturer)
Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Gravesend, Kent
Hours: 8:45am-5:15pm, Monday – Friday
Salary: £30,000-£37,000 per annum
Benefits: 42 days holiday + Bank holidays, Excellent pension (Contributions up to 25%) and more
We are currently working with a highly reputable college of further and higher education based in Kent.
They are now seeking to add a Lecturer of Electrical and Electronic Engineering to their team to play a vital role by providing education to both young and employed adults who are seeking a career within Engineering.
You do not need to be teacher trained to apply for this role as there is full support and training provided.
- Learn, plan, prepare, and deliver engaging lectures, tutorials, and practical sessions in engineering subjects to students at various academic levels.
- Provide guidance, support, and feedback to students to enhance their learning experience and facilitate their academic progress.
- Supervise and assess student projects, assignments, and examinations, ensuring fair and consistent evaluation.
- Stay up to date with advancements and innovations in engineering fields, incorporating them into the curriculum where appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues on research projects, contributing to the development of the department and the college.
- Act as a personal tutor to a group of students, providing academic and pastoral support as needed.
- Willingness to learn all aspects of teaching and how to deliver lessons to young adults.
- A relevant degree in Engineering or a related field (a postgraduate qualification is desirable).
- Ability to learn and deliver higher level Maths in a practical environment.
- Experience working as an electrical engineer or in an engineering-related role.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in electrical and electronic engineering disciplines.
- Understanding of CAD is preferred.
- Ability to inspire and motivate students, fostering a positive learning environment.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Commitment to professional development and staying abreast of industry trends.
- Flexibility to adapt to the evolving needs of the department and the college.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft packages.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your career with a growing organisation. They have impressive plans for developing the business over the coming years which will give you the scope to progress your career.
Key words: Electrical Engineer, Electrical and Electronic Engineer, E+E Engineer, Engineering Specialist