Electrical Design Engineer (Building Management Systems)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £30,000-£50,000 p.a. depending on experience
Hours: Monday – Friday, 8.30 – 17.00
Our client is looking for an Electrical Design Engineer who will be responsible for designing and developing building management systems. The company manufactures, installs, and maintains Building Management Systems (BMS).
Working on projects from concept through to completion, the Electrical Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
Experience/ Skills Required
- Conduct comprehensive site surveys to gather necessary information and assess project requirements.
- Utilise CRM system to provide accurate and detailed quotations to clients.
- Manage projects (from a design perspective) from start to finish, ensuring all tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Deliver precise and thorough designs for control systems and associated cable installations.
- Create and maintain technical documents, specifications, and work packs, ensuring compliance with all regulations.
- Source and procure necessary parts and materials, effectively managing inventory.
- Provide technical support and guidance to workforce, resolving any queries or issues that arise.
- Collaborate with software and graphics development teams to optimize system functionality.
- Supervise client factory and site acceptance tests to ensure successful implementation.
- Experience with systems including BMS, HVAC, Switchboards, Control Panels, Motors, Generators would be preferred.
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Full Driving Licence
- Substantial experience of domestic or commercial heating systems. Experience of district heating or communal heating projects along with Solar PV/Battery storage and CHP/grid parallel connections would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Experience of renewable/ low carbon technologies such as ground source heat pumps and air source heat pumps would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Proficient with AutoCAD.
- Knowledge of Revit would be beneficial.
Key words: Electrical Design Engineer, Building Services Design Engineer, BMS Design Engineer, HVAC Design Engineer, Electric Design Engineer