Design Engineering Manager
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4:30pm (Friday)
Salary: £42,000-£47,000 p.a. + company benefits
We are currently working exclusively on an excellent opportunity with our client, who are seeking a Design Engineering Manager to join their business on a permanent basis in Clacton-on-Sea. They manufacture products associated with windows and doors.
Playing a key role in my clients manufacturing team, the Design Engineering Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Leading in the preparation of product definitions, specifications and mechanical product design
- Developing product specifications, material selections, CAD designs, and detailed product drawings
- Designing, implementing and testing new products to achieve desired features and specifications
- Documenting designs for product support
- Working effectively with sales, marketing and customers
- Working effectively with Company Directors, Managers and departments to ensure effective communications of new product development and continuing engineering activities
- Manging the performance testing and analysis of new and existing products and a test house
Experience/ Skills Required
- Previous experience in mechanical/ product engineering within the manufacturing sector
- A recognised engineering qualification
- Good working knowledge and experience using SolidWorks 3D
- Experience of moulded plastic parts, metallic castings and sheet/ strip metal would be beneficial
- Experience in the window and doors manufacturing industry would be beneficial
- Test and analysis experience would be beneficial
This is a great opportunity to join a long-established business, who are a specialist in their field. You will join a supportive team and they will be able to support your understanding of products.
Company benefits include: 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays), pension and free parking.
Key words: SolidWorks, Design Engineer, Design Manager, Manufacturing, Windows, Doors