Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £30,000-£40,000 p.a. + company benefits
My client is currently recruiting for a Design Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis at their office in central London. They are a specialist lighting manufacturer with an excellent reputation in their field.
- Assist in the development of new products.
- Make design modifications as and when required.
- Create manufacturing drawings and exploded diagrams for the Production department.
- Manage product bills of materials.
- Work with procurement and suppliers on product design.
- CE/UL/ETL testing and approval of new product designs.
- Prototype testing.
- Managing design documentation and product marking/ labelling.
Experience/ Skills Required
- A relevant engineering qualification would be beneficial.
- Experience of 3D Modelling software. SolidWorks experience would be beneficial.
- Understanding of engineering/ manufacturing techniques.
- Experience of producing exploded diagrams.
- Experience of MRP/ ERP systems.
- Experience producing BOMSs.
- Knowledge of thermal analysis would beneficial.
- Knowledge of LED technology and electronics would be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity to join a unique organisation. The successful candidate will work on a variety of interesting projects and will be given the full support of the senior leadership team to excel in the role. If you are a Design Engineer, with knowledge of MRP/ ERP systems and experience of producing Bills of Materials, please apply today to be considered for this role.
Key words: Design Engineer, SolidWorks, ERP, MRP, Bills of Materials, BOM, LED Lighting