Back to all jobs
Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
Hours: 40 hours, Monday to Friday (8.00-17.00)
Salary: £50,000 – £55,000 p.a. dependant on experience + Company Car
The Role / Company
We are working with a highly reputable industrial concrete floor sub-contractor based in Chorley. With their experience and expertise, they have established themselves as one of the leading contractors in the UK within their industry.
As a Design Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the Client’s success by providing innovative and efficient design solutions. Our client will also consider candidates with a background in steelwork or metal decking. Experience with concrete would be desirable however not essential as full support will be given.
You will receive comprehensive training and ongoing support to enhance your skills and knowledge in order to excel in becoming a Structural Engineer for the company.
Example of responsibilities:
The Design Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare calculations, models, reports, and presentations with high quality.
- Present designs to clients and external consultants at meetings.
- Collaborate with other team members and contribute to design team meetings.
- Maintain communication with the operations team to keep them informed of design changes.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Possess experience in design, having worked on a diverse range of projects.
- Degree, BEng/MEng/MSc or HND/NVQ in a relevant subject (Ideally Civil or Structural Engineering)
- Able to produce drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience with analysis software such as Tekla & TEDDS or similar is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong team player
- Full UK Driving Licence
This Design Engineer position is a fantastic opportunity to work for a business developing an excellent reputation in their field. With decades of experience, you will be joining a very stable, forward-thinking company.
Keywords: Structural Engineer, Temporary Works Engineer Concrete Structural Engineer, Temporary Works Design Engineer