Design and Engineering Manager
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 37.5 core hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £50,000 – £70,000 p.a. + company vehicle + company benefits
Due to continued growth, my client is currently recruiting for a Design and Engineering Manager, from a chemical or mechanical engineering background, to join their business on a permanent basis at their head office in Warrington.
My client provides environmental engineering solutions for clients in major processing, manufacturing, and production industries.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Design and Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the multi-disciplined Engineering team in delivering large scale capital projects. The Design and Engineering Manager will be tasked with gaining a clear understanding of project briefs and effectively establishing, planning, and coordinating the resources required in the Engineering team to deliver projects. Responsibilities include:
- Managing project tender activity and providing technical support to the Sales team
- Managing overall project engineering activity and ensuring projects are delivered professionally, whilst providing the agreed turnover and profit levels to meet the businesses’ growth ambitions
- Establishing and creating project plans and budgets
- Managing internal and external engineering resources
- Providing and maintaining technical project engineering support
Experience/ Skills Required
- A Chemical or Mechanical Engineering degree
- Experience of working with main contractors, EPCs or large subcontractors
- It is essential candidates have good knowledge of heat and mass balance calculations
- Willingness to travel throughout the UK, Ireland and Europe (when required)
- Knowledge of air pollution controls, process drying, heat recovery, or dust extraction systems would be beneficial, although not essential
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation which makes a positive impact on the environment and provides niche engineering services. As my client’s business grows, there will be scope for personal and professional development with the organisation. If you are an experienced Chemical or Mechanical Engineer with experience of project managing large system installations, please apply today to be considered.