Back to all jobs
Cost Engineer/Valuer (Plant and Equipment)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Location: London (Hybrid) – Approx 2 days in the office
Hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Salary: £50,000 – £80,000 + Company benefits
The Role / Company
Due to continued growth, we are working exclusively with our client who is currently recruiting for a Cost Engineer/Valuer to join their team on a permanent basis. The role is to assess the current replacement cost or value of plant, equipment, and associated buildings, primarily for insurance purposes.
My client specialises in the valuation of commercial and industrial buildings, civils, structures, plant and equipment.
Example of Responsibilities
- Conduct on-site visits to survey subject assets and ensure all necessary details are considered.
- Collaborate with the valuation team to conduct research and prepare consistent cost assessments.
- Continuously assist in improving overall work quality and efficiency by creating standard templates.
- Use templates and previous analysis to prepare detailed calculations and client reports.
- Produce high-quality valuation reports and appendices to be submitted to clients.
- Stay informed of industry standards such as IVSC and RICS Red Book.
- Relevant experience in tangible asset valuation or cost engineering.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including scheduling, milestone tracking, and meeting deadlines.
- Professional communication skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially advanced Excel skills.
- Willingness to learn and embrace new ideas.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Tertiary qualifications in surveying, engineering, or related field
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business with an excellent reputation in their field. They pride themselves on their commitment to quality and building trust with clients which has led to their continued growth over recent years.
Key words: Cost Engineer, Valuer, Plant and Equipment, Estimator, Quantity Surveyor, Cost Consultant