Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 8:30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
Salary: £30,000-£34,000 p.a. dependant on experience + company benefits
Due to continued growth, my client is currently recruiting for an experienced CNC Machinist to join their business on a permanent basis at their production facility in York.
My client manufactures, installs and services, specialist safety systems for their customers.
Reporting into the Production Manager, the CNC Machinist will be responsible for programming and operating 4 and 5 axis CNC Machines. The successful candidate will work with brass, aluminium and stainless steel to produce high quality components. Responsibilities will include:
- Programming, setting and operating CNC milling and turning machines.
- Reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
- Creating layout sheets.
- Complying with my client’s quality assurance systems.
- Keeping machines and surrounding areas clean and well organised.
Overtime is available and this is paid at normal time, Monday to Friday, and at x1.5 at the weekend.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Experience of CNC milling and turning.
- Experience programming and operating 4 and 5 Axis CNC Machines is preferred.
- Knowledge of Fanuc controls.
- Good communication skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business with an excellent reputation in their field. They pride themselves on the quality and finish of their products and as such, this has led to their continued growth over recent years. If you are an experienced CNC Machinist, with both turning and milling experience, please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: CNC, C.N.C, Computer Numerical Controls, CNC Programmer, CNC Miller, CNC Turner, Precision Engineering, 4 axis, 5 axis