Capital Projects Engineer (Electrical/ Automation Engineering)
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 p.a. dependent on experience + excellent company benefits
Hours: 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday
We are currently working exclusively with a highly reputable, household name in the food production industry to recruit a Capital Projects Engineer to work on electrical and automation installation projects. This role is based in Wrexham.
The Capital Projects Engineer will be involved in the planning, execution and delivery of capital projects and will be the go-to person when delivering these projects, providing technical support for the wider team. Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance across projects
- Developing technical solutions to project scopes using latest technology and external benchmarking
- Ensuring all projects have the required supporting documentation issued on handover
- Providing technical support to the maintenance department on engineering/ plant issues
- Managing and approving the Mechanical Permit to modify process
- Working alongside the manufacturing team to deliver continuous improvement
Experience/ Skills Required
- Relevant electrical engineering qualifications. Degree level is preferred, but not essential.
- Knowledge of electrical, automation and controls installations/ projects.
- Previous supervisory/ management experience within FMCG environment. Food production preferred, but not essential.
- Experience of programming PLCs, SCADA and Data Historian systems would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience of capital projects.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent analytical, organisational, interpersonal and leadership skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced engineer to join a global business, who are extremely well regarded in their field. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment, with a collaborative team and will play a key role in the development of the plant. The Capital Projects Engineer will receive a competitive salary along with excellent company benefits.
The role will initially be recruited on a fixed term contract with the potential to be made permanent.
If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered.
Key words: Capital Projects Engineer, Capital Projects, Engineering Project Management, Engineering Project Manager, Electrical Engineering, Automation, Controls Engineering, FMCG