Senior Calibration Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: £27,000-£32,000 p.a. + excellent company benefits
Due to the continued growth of my client’s Engineering team and new contract wins, they are now seeking a Senior Calibration Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis in Derby.
My client is a highly reputable, specialist in calibration and asset management services, operating worldwide.
As a Senior Calibration Engineer you will be responsible for undertaking dimensional calibration inspections, measurements and providing instructions and specifications for clients. You will also maintain relevant records of data and in an auditable manner utilizing MCMS Gage Insite and EMS management systems. Responsibilities will include:
- Calibration of Mechanical Measuring equipment – (Micrometres, Callipers, Height Gauges, Torque Wrenches, Gauge Blocks, etc.).
- Calibration of Production Gauging – Plain Plugs, Screw Plugs, Spline Gauges
- Calibration of specialist products (as appropriate to individual)
- Dimensional checks on Fixtures/Tooling using first principle methods
- Surface finish checks on components
- Maintaining the Calibration Database, filing system, Calibration Certification and associated files
- Providing on the job training and mentoring at all levels as and when required
- Assisting in the development and Improvement of Inspection and Calibration procedures
- Participating in external/internal audits as required
- Ensuring that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times
- Supporting process improvement and functional development
Experience/ Skills Required
- Technical Engineering qualification to any of the following: Degree, HND, HNC, NVQ/BTEC Level 3 or above
- Extensive knowledge of calibration and UKAS certification
- Extensive knowledge of calibration practices and theories
- Knowledge in Windows-based and laboratory automation software
- Full UK Driving Licence
As well as your salary, you will also have 23 days annual leave + bank holidays and a company pension scheme. The working hours are 37 hours per week and my client has some flexibility around start and finish times. My client also offers good training opportunities to enhance your skills.
Key words: Senior Calibration Engineer, Calibration Engineer, Mechanical Measuring Equipment