Back to all jobs
Business Development Executive (Engineering)
Employment type: Permanent
Hours/Duration: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday
Location: Deeside, hybrid working available (approx. 2 days per week from home)
Salary: £40,000-£50,000 per annum + Car Allowance + 23 Days Holiday + Bonus
Position / Company
We are delighted to exclusively partner with a world-renowned leader in the manufacture and supply of electronic safety equipment to the Marine Industry.
They are looking for a motivated and successful Business Development Executive to join their Aftersales Team. This role is vital for the company to enable them to grow and develop their service offerings. As the Business Development Executive your main responsibility will be to increase sales of their service packages. Given that all clients already possess the product, which is mandated by law, there is no requirement to contact new customers. Instead, your focus will be on nurturing and developing relationships with existing customers. Your primary objective will be to offer them the correct maintenance and service contracts to ensure their ongoing satisfaction and maximise the value they receive from the product.
This is a great opportunity for somebody to develop their career with an industry-leading company which is experiencing exponential growth.
Example of Responsibilities for the Business Development Executive:
- Utilise existing customer base to identify potential opportunities for service contracts.
- Educate customers about the benefits of the service agreements and Preventative Maintenance Health Checks, highlighting the value they can bring to their operations.
- Collaborate with the service team to develop and deliver tailored proposals and presentations to customers.
- Negotiate customer contracts including pricing.
- Monitor and track customer contracts, ensuring all terms and conditions are met and any issues or concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Provide regular reports and updates to management on sales activities, customer feedback, and market trends.
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows, and events to promote our service offerings and network with potential customers.
- Qualification in engineering is preferred however not essential.
- Proven B2B sales experience.
- Experience within the Marine, Oil & Gas, Safety or Telecoms industry would be ideal, however not essential.
- Flexibility to travel to client sites worldwide when required.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent relationship building skills.
- Competent with computer packages, MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
Nolan Recruitment are acting as a recruitment agency. If you are successful, you will work directly for the end hirer (Client)
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Business Development Executive, Business Development Manager, Sales Manager, Account Manager