Battery Service Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Salary: £28,000-£34,000 p.a. (dependent on experience) + van + fuel card
Hours: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
My client is currently recruiting for a Battery Service Engineer to join their business. This role will be based at a static site for 2-3 days in Exeter. On the other 2 days, the engineer will work on mobile.
My client is a rapidly growing independent service provider of forklift batteries. They supply batteries and chargers, as well as servicing the equipment for their clients. As a growing company, my client offers an exciting and rewarding career path.
As part of the servicing team you will be expected to give expert advice to clients, as well as providing electrical repairs and maintenance to batteries and chargers. This will include fault finding and diagnosis, as well as being able to understand wiring diagrams.
Examples responsibilities include:
- Testing cells,
- Replacing cells,
- Changing connector bolts,
- Replacing cables,
- Topping up cells and cleaning equipment.
Skills/ Experience Required
- Previous experience with forklift truck or motive power batteries is highly desirable. My client will also consider candidates with forklift truck engineering experience
- UK driving license with no more than 6 points
- Ability to communicate with clients
- Ability to manage time effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing organisation, which offers a great benefits package for their employees. If you meet the above criteria, please apply today to be considered for the vacancy.
Key words: Battery Engineer, Battery Service Engineer, Service Engineer, Field Engineer, Motive Power, Forklift Batteries, Traction Batteries