Applications/ Project Engineer
Employment type: Permanent, full-time
Hours: 7:30am to 4:30pm, Monday to Thursday and 7:30am to 12:30pm, Friday
Salary: Up to £38,000 p.a. + company benefits
My client is currently recruiting for an Applications/ Project Engineer to join their business at one of their key processing facilities in Newport.
The Applications/ Project Engineer will be tasked with supporting Production and Engineering in creating and improving processes to maximise productivity and meet customer requirements. Responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing process development for new applications and production parts.
- Working closely with customers and the Sale team to understand new enquiries and the processes required to meet customer requirements.
- Developing an expertise in robotic programming and an in depth understanding of product treatment methods.
- Ensuring all aspects of work are documented i.e., drawings, process routes, and tooling information.
- Producing process documentation.
- Inspection of first production parts processed.
Experience/ Skills Required
- Educated to degree level in an engineering discipline.
- Experience of manufacturing processes/ projects is preferred.
- Robotics programming knowledge would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Production planning experience would be beneficial, although not essential.
- Knowledge of machined parts/ components treatment methods e.g., coatings, spraying is desirable.
This is a great opportunity to join a multi-national organisation, who are a leader in their field. You will receive a competitive salary and company benefits for the position. Please apply today to be considered for the role.
Key words: Applications Engineer, Project Engineer, Engineering Process, Manufacturing